About the Project
Founded in 1952, St. Martin's Episcopal Church is located in the heart of Houston. Over the course of its history, St. Martin's has become the largest Episcopal congregation in North America. Their commitment to reaching the people of Houston has led to continued growth, and that growth has created a need for major expansion of its facilities. Tellepsen had the opportunity to join St. Martin's in their expansion by providing preconstruction and construction services for a new 24,000-square-foot, 1,400-seat sanctuary, vestry building, new 22,000-square-foot Parish Hall with full service kitchen, private dining and pre-function facilities, parking (84,000-square-feet), and associated site work. The project included constructing a central plant with a chilled water/hot water distribution system and electrical service connecting all new and existing campus buildings. In addition to this expansion, Tellepsen also performed renovations to existing facilities. These facilities have helped St. Martin's continue to minister to more families throughout Houston.